Thursday, November 21, 2013

In the Bronx 1

Dear family and friends,

So... Remember that one time when I lived in New York City? In the Bronx? WHAT

This place is sweet. Hispanic wards have food at everything! After the
Elder's baptism on Friday, they had a full-blown meal complete with
dessert. I could get used to this culture, except for the kissing on
the cheek thing. I'm pretty sure that my right cheek is permanently
stained with dark powder from the members' faces. And I also have a
completely rational fear of one day accidentally kissing someone on
the mouth...

On Tuesday we went to Manhattan to get our new iPads! I got to see
Juliard, eat at Steak-N-Shake and witness the existence of the
largest, most grotesque cockroach known to man #subwayzRfun

For any of you who think that I've already become an apostate
missionary on Facebook, this mission is an online proselyting mission
so I am allowed to use Facebook to talk about the gospel and bring
others closer to Christ. All of my posts are shared with members in my
areas, active, inactive, and non-members, so please feel free to share
your spiritual insight by commenting on my posts.

I LOVE the members in our area. They are all so sweet and welcoming.
There are so many cultures here and my Spanish is... really bad.
Dominican's speak really fast and drop their S's. I need the S's!

This past weekend was Stake Conference. There was a HUGE emphasis on
missionary work. One speaker shared "These efforts made me feel so
good. Any part of missionary work you partake in, it will make you
feel SO good." Clayton Christiansen was quoted "For those of you
struggling with sadness, missionary work will bring you great joy."
It's so true. After days of feeling unproductive and cooped up in
meetings during my first weekend here in a new place, we had our first
real lesson. As I shared my testimony and felt the Spirit, I received
my answer that I truly needed to be here and I was SO happy! Then
yesterday we met with a recent convert and taught him the plan of
salvation. He shared his testimony with us and during his prayer he
asked "please Heavenly Father help me to be good so that hopefully I
can live with You again". It was so amazing and sweet and the Spirit
was so strong. He truly has a relationship with our Heavenly Father
and knows that he has God's love. That's what the gospel can do for
us, so let's get out there and share the good news with EVERYONE!

I love you all.

Hermana Hall

P.S. Ballard Challenge Countdown- 35 DAYS
"We are not asking everyone to do everything. We are simply asking all
members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will
reach out to just “one” between now and Christmas, millions will feel
the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the
Savior."
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/put-your-trust-in-the-lord?lang=eng


Choose Celestial

No comments:

Post a Comment