Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dear Everyone,

My friends hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not. Therefore I will write and hide up the records in the earth; and whither I go it mattereth not.

Thanks for the letters.

So this week I shook hands with the prophet.

Okay, I shook hands with a guy who shook hands with the prophet (President Pratt) but it still counts.

Also, gift of tongues is LEGIT. I can officially roll my R´s now (thanks cody and pierce, but not as good of coaches as the Spirit)

This week has basically just been same ole same ole at the CCM. Learning lots of Spanish, teaching lots of lessons SPEAKING OF we have a new investigator named Sandra who is straight-up Catholic. When we walked in we asked her to turn off the TV so that was awkward to begin with, and then during the prayer she started doing some weird Catholic chanting thing then made the chest cross thing. It was so so weird. But probably the most realistic situation we´ve had. So, we butchered that lesson. But I guess it was a blessing because now our pride has been crushed and we have to be humble in order to teach her. But she really is just a crazy old Catholic lady.

Elder Allen from the Seventy came and talked to us this week. He is the MTC Managing Director (of the WORLD). Oh and I got to meet the head of all of the international MTCs so that was fun. But Elder Allen´s talk was the bomb.com/awesome! My favorite quote was "Don´t think that this is anything less than a war". We really are at war with Satan and all of us are going to win! So let´s all be recruiters and invite everyone we can to join the ranks! (intense much?, sorry bout it)

Yesterday during class we had an exercise where we had to teach someone who had already denied baptism. Our teachers said to only focus on the investigator and the Spirit to know what to say. Guys, it works. As I was teaching, the questions and scriptures I needed just popped into my head (in Spanish!) and she accepted baptism! It was so awesome! Hermana Card and I have agreed that we´re both obsessed with feeling the Spirit. The feeling of peace, reassurance, and happiness that comes from it and the truths of this gospel is something that EVERYONE needs to know about.

I love you all. Remember that EVERY member is a missionary. That´s right ALL OF YOU

Hurrah for Israel!

Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment