Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dominicut

Dear friends and family,

My companion has been sick again this week so it's been kind of uneventful, but I will tell you about one of our less active lessons.

We want to visit Hermana Reyes, who hasn't been to church in almost a year. We brought some members over with us a couple of weeks ago and we had a really good lesson and she came to church the next Sunday.  Then we went and visited with her and she just talked and talked and talked and talked about how good she felt.  She talked with the bishop last Sunday and she resolved a lot of things.  She said she just felt amazing and light and she was skipping on the sidewalk and jumping to touch the leaves on the trees and she loves the birds and all of this wonderful stuff.  She told us that she wants to have the Spirit with her so bad that she is willing to do anything to have it with her.  She is changing her thoughts, her actions, and everything in her life just to have the spirit with her.  She reads her scriptures and prays and she LOVES the gospel. Her goal is to go to the temple in 3 months.  She is amazing and I just love her! And this all came from two members coming to her apt to invite her back to church, where she felt the spirit and realized that she needed to change her life.  Go reach out to someone this week!

Other than that, we're trying to get Sister Hansen over her sickness so we can get back to work!

I love all of you guys and I hope that you can do something to reach out to someone this week :)

Love,


Hermana Hall

P.s. I almost forgot, (Aunt Suzanne is going to hurt me...) so as we know, my hair is super obnoxious and grows way too fast... So it's been getting a little nasty and I've been living with a mullet (proselyting in the front, pday in the back) but we basically live in the Bronx so unless I want to go get a dominicut at one of the 5000 barber shops here, I'm stuck with just finding a pair of scissors and letting someone take control.  So this guy in our ward (Elvis) offered to cut my hair because it was so gnarly.  As he's cutting my hair I ask "so where did you learn to cut hair?"  "When I was in the military".  AWESOME.  But don't worry, this marine did a good job and now I have escaped the grasp of the evil 80s hairdo. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment