Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jonkers!





Dear family and friends,

We've had a good week this week! I've officially been assigned as ward
primary pianist, but just for the primary program that's in
November.... Which is when I probably won't be here... So I told
bishop'a wife to pray for a new sister who plays the piano better than
I do (not too hard to find...) But primary programs are my favorite
thing, and watching the rehearsals are even better, so my Sundays
haven't been too dull.

Maribel got baptized on Sunday and it was awesome! We sang "I Like to
Look for Rainbows" from the primary songbook and she stared crying,
which was awesome! Making people cry is my favorite thing to do. But
the real miracle was this: I was happily playing the piano all through
the second and third hours of church. We get out and start prepping
for the baptism (which happens right after church). Maribel's jumpsuit
fits, the programs are printed and folded, and the zone leaders are on
their way. Everything perfect. Then Sister Ramirez comes up to me and
says "Did we fill up the font?" OH SNAP. It only takes 2 hours to fill
up the font. Oh and the baptism is starting in 5 minutes.

Is that whole immersion thing really necessary anyways?

So we sprint to the font to turn it on, and the font is miraculously
filled with water! There can be miracles....! Turns out that Bishop
noticed during Sunday school and turned it on for us. I thanked him
7009 times and he just walked away shaking his head saying "Hermana
Hall". Whoops. But it all turned out great and the baptism actually
happened. Yay!

Also, this week I've been studying a lot about obedience and I found
something really cool. Elder Hales talks about how there are three
kinds of obedience:
1. “natural man’s obedience" we disobediently reject God’s law in
favor of our wisdom or our desires or even popularity. Because this is
widely practiced by so many, this perversion of obedience diminishes
God’s standards in our culture and in our laws
2. "selective obedience,” claiming to love God and honor God while
picking and choosing which of His commandments and teachings--and the
teachings and counsel of His prophets--they will fully follow.
3. Spiritually mature obedience is “the Savior’s obedience.” It is
motivated by true love for Heavenly Father and His Son. When we
willingly obey, as our Savior did, we cherish the words of our
Heavenly Father: “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

When we love Heavenly Father, that's the only motivation we need to
keep his commandments, even when it's inconvenient or hard for us. If
we truly love God, we'll want to do what he tells us no matter what.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Hall

P.s. Check out this really fat cat.

Choose Celestial

Maribel's Baptism
Me
Fat Cat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment